"Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day."
Rules of my game
Read the disclaimer. Contact the webmaster. Stuck in a frame? Break out!
Rules of my game
39. "It's good to be a myth."
From "Methos." Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org.
40. Remember the first rule of great drama: "Start small and build."
From "Revelation 6:8." Suggested by Methosgurrl@aol.com.
41. "History makes men, MacLeod. Men don't make history."
From "The Valkyrie." Suggested by email@example.com.
42. Genius is better than immortality.
"Put it away and let her be. I would rather have your poetry than your head" from "The Modern Prometheus." Suggested by Methosgurrl@aol.com.
43. Never give advice to "kid" Immortals, whether they are 25 or 405 years old.
"Old timer, you got any words of wisdom for me?" "Nope" from "The Messenger" Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org.
44. Don't be ignorant; knowledge is power.
"Have you read Aristotle's Poetics? No, of course not. You haven't even seen Casablanca" from "Revelation 6:8." Suggested by Taselby@aol.com.
45. Accept yourself for who and what you are.
"Why don't you try forgiving yourself for a change?" from "Forgive Us Our Trespasses." Suggested by Taselby@aol.com.
46. Feeling guilty doesn't help anything.
"I haven't felt guilt since the 11th Century" from "Till Death," and "I spent years losing my conscience only for him to go and find it again" from "Judgment Day." Suggested by Taselby@aol.com and email@example.com.
47. Even if you do tell them about immortality, no one will ever believe it.
"People living forever, running around cutting each others' heads off with swords. It'll be filed away with alien abductions and Elvis sightings" from "Finalé." Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org.
48. Remember your past, even if it hurts.
"I didn't just kill fifty, I didn't kill a hundred. I killed a thousand. I killed ten thousand! And I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance. It wasn't for greed. It was because I liked it! Cassandra was nothing. Her village was nothing. Do you know who I was? I was Death. [laugh] Death Death on a horse! When mothers warned their children that the monster would get them, that monster was me. I was the nightmare that kept them awake at night" from "Comes a Horseman." Suggested by email@example.com.
49. Remember your mortality, and its fragility.
"You think it takes courage to do what we do face an Immortal with a sword knowing that only one of you will live? You try being her! You try living one year knowing your time is running out, knowing that when it comes to the final fight, however much you train, whatever tricks you have you still lose! That's the way it is for them. There's so little time for them to see anything or do anything" from "Methuselah's Gift." Suggested by firstname.lastname@example.org.
50. Remember your humanity: "We're none of us perfect."
From "Comes a Horseman." Suggested by Basaxl@camalott.com.
[ Back to top ]